Monday, June 15, 2015

Chilly Cities and Ice Cream Trucks

     One perk of living in the not-so-stereotypical sunny weather and daily beach trips part of California is that the city is just a 45 minute drive away. My family drove to San Francisco on Saturday to just spend the day in the city. The weather, as usual, was cold beyond compare. Even standing in Union Square isn't enough to see the bridge; the fog is endless! Regardless of the freezing weather, we went into Ghirardelli to get sundaes, which are always to die for. If you ever find yourself in Union Square, make sure to get a sundae and buy some chocolate!
     On this trip, I really paid attention to the city, and I have to say that I'm very fortunate to be able to visit it so frequently. The houses, first and foremost, are so cute! Every house has a vintage and Victorian feel to it and it just feels so cozy :) Then, there's shopping. Downtown SFO has all the greatest shopping stores from Saks 5th to Prada to Express and everything else in between. There are mostly very high end stores, so don't plan on having much of a budget while shopping ;) Unfortunately, I didn't go shopping there, but we did drive through the shopping complex, which was very pleasant. The last thing that I really enjoyed about the city were the art galleries. While strolling through the streets, we passed by many art galleries which really caught my attention because of my love for art. There's not really much to say about it, but it really inspired me to start drawing and painting again. Even with the cold weather and unruly winds, it was really nice to just walk down the streets and take in some fresh air and just be somewhere other than the places you are used to, you know?




     I can easily say that Saturday was a day well spent. The next day was although less adventurous, a great memory. First, I woke up really late, and ended up missing a biking trip that me and my friend had planned. At around noon, I showed up at her house and we hung out for the rest of the day. First, we fooled around on Dubsmash (do any of you use that? I think I'm gonna make an account.) Then, when it got too hot in her room (I guess summer has finally rolled around, thank god) we went outside to play basketball. And of course, there's no way we can hang out outside without blasting our music loud enough for the neighbors to hear. Soon enough though, our music was put on pause when we heard...THE ICE CREAM TRUCK! By then, we literally ran around the entire complex chasing the truck only to end up catching it when it returned right in front of our house :) We all got ice cream and it felt like old times when we were all little in elementary school...ahh the memories! Anyways, it just felt kind of nostalgic and we ended up having a day that truly met all the "Summer Vacation" criteria.
     All in all, I had a great weekend. The best part, however, was waking up on a Monday and not going to school. Instead, I woke up and played the guitar all morning...talk about good times.

xoxo,
A n i k a
   
   

Follow me on Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/people/anxka-13710435

No comments:

Post a Comment