Friday, June 12, 2015

Flashback to Summers Past--Cancun, Paris, & Switzerland

     So since we were already talking about summer plans in my last post, I wanted to share with you some of my past summer experiences. Well, technically I'm only talking about one past summer, but you get the point :)
     Last summer, my family was fortunate enough to make two separate vacation trips. One of which was to Cancun, Mexico. The other was to Paris, France and Switzerland. I had an absolute blast on these trips because traveling is always an amazing experience and it was just so fun to get to experience life from different parts of the world.
     First, I want to talk about my one week trip to Cancun. After flying down to Mexico, we stayed in a resort which had an all-you-can-eat buffet. Talk about good food! The resort was right on the beach, and we had a beautiful view of the crystal-clear ocean from our hotel room window. The beach was amazing and the water was very gentle. It was so fun to just wade in the ocean and bob up and down whenever the waves hit you. Well, enough about the ocean. The resort itself was amazing! As I already mentioned, I ate so much food on that trip, but it was all worth it because who can say no to all you can eat Mexican food?? In the kids section of the pool, we played in a mini water park with two jumbo slides and several mini ones. It was such a blast! Besides the water park, the resort had other pools which where overcrowded by college students who were there to party :)
     Later on in the trip, we took a tour bus down to Chichen Itza, which was the historic site of the Mayans. Unfortunately, it rained the day we went (talk about bad timing). Nevertheless, we enjoyed seeing the amazing pyramids and learning about the Mayan life before the Spanish came and took over.
     Finally, I remember we were at the airport about to return home, and we were waiting for our flight. My sister and I got really hungry, so my dad went to get us Domino's pizza. He returned with two slices and $20 less in his pocket. I mean are you serious...10 dollars for a slice of pizza?? But we ate it anyways and it was delicious (as pizza always is) and we had a wonderful flight back home.
     If you are planning to go to Cancun, my advice to you is:
  1. bring a lot of sunscreen. It gets HOT!!
  2. spend time on the amazing beaches
  3. Cancun is a place that personally I think you'd enjoy with a group of friends...so invite your friends to tag along!
The resort we stayed at- Gran Caribe Real Cancun



     Alright...so now let's move on to... Paris. Personally, Paris was my favorite vacation spot ever, and I'd do ANYTHING to go back there. I don't even know why...but I just really enjoyed visiting that city. If you ever get a chance to go there, I highly suggest that you go. It's anyways probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, and it's something that you really wouldn't want to miss out on.
     We stayed in France for 4 days before moving on to Switzerland, so we didn't have too much time to spend. And the first day our plane landed late in the morning, and all of us ended up sleeping for the whole day since we were jet-lagged. So, we had three days to spend in France.
     In this short amount of time, we managed to visit the Eiffel Tower, see the Louvre museum, tour around the entire city of Paris, and see the palace of Versailles. I don't even know what to say...I loved Paris so much and I really wish I'd had more time to spend there.
     The Eiffel Tower was incredible. There were even military officers guarding it! Anyways, the elevator that we had to take to get to the top felt very rickety and old... but it worked just fine, thank goodness. It didn't help that it rained the whole time we were in Paris, and so getting to the top of the Eiffel Tower was a very cold experience. Anyways, the top of the tower had one heck of a view. You could see the entire city from there, and it was just a breathtaking experience.
     The Louvre museum, or Musee Louvre, left me speechless. I do appreciate the arts, and the paintings that I saw in that museum were extraordinary. First off, I got to see the real version of the Mona Lisa, which was incredible. I don't know why that painting is of such high regard though, because there are so many others in that museum that were probably (or at least in my opinion) better than the Mona Lisa. Nevertheless, if you are a fan of the arts or history, make sure to hit this museum. You won't regret it.
     We saw so many amazing things in Paris, and the architecture there was simply spectacular. It felt very rustic and sophisticated and the city was just a work of art in itself.
     Lastly, on our way out of the Paris, we stopped at Versailles, where we saw the grand palace. Grand it was! Even more than the actual building though, the gardens were amazing. They are still well maintained today, and the grounds were absolutely breathtaking. I'm just going to let the pictures speak for themselves.
     Overall, I think you have got the message that Paris is my most favorite place in the world. I really enjoyed this trip so much, and I know that I am so lucky to ever experience going there.


     Now finally, we have arrived to the last part of my summer vacation. In Switzerland, we visited many different cities and towns. Geneva, Lauterbrunnen, Zurich, Lucerne, and Zermatt were all on our checklist to visit. Some of the bigger cities like Geneva, Zurich, and Lucerne resembled Paris, while the smaller towns like Zermatt and Lauterbrunnen were really cozy and had a homely feel. Did you know that Switzerland is the home to the tallest peak in Europe? You can see Germany and France from there too! 
     Switzerland has it all...areas of green fields as far as the eye can see, and huge bustling cities. Even better yet, they have a famous chocolate industry! Their chocolate is THE BEST chocolate you will ever eat. If you ever go there, eat the chocolate. Also, eat any dairy products you can find because they will be beyond compare. Don't forget about the macaroons either! Swiss delicacies are amazing, and they are a must if you choose to visit this country. We brought home a huge bag filled with chocolate and only chocolate...it's that amazing. :) 

   
Hope you all have a marvelous vacation and spend lots of time doing things that make you happy!

xoxo, 
A n i k a 



Follow me on Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/people/anxka-13710435

No comments:

Post a Comment